Please do not re-post any of our translations elsewhere.

Let's Recast Characters in "Sweets Movies"


Source: Girls Channel

[Manga] Let's Recast Characters in "Sweets Movies" [Live-action]

1. [+175 / -4]
I love Sweets movies*
But!
The casting always feels off 〜(;A;)
Why don't we come up with our own casting? ✨
We all probably have different opinions but is there any actor you think would've been a good fit for a certain role?


For me, I wasn't satisfied with the casting in "Haru Matsu Bokura" (Waiting for Spring).
Kitamura Takumi is hot but a more refreshing ikemen would've been better!!!!
*Movies aimed at girls, romance/romantic comedies, etc.

2. [+37 / -68]
Was the casting of those two in Kaguya-sama right??
*Hirano Sho and Hashimoto Kanna as Shirogane Miyuki and Shinomiya Kaguya (Kaguya-sama: Love Is War)

8. [+64 / -66]
>>2
I hate Kinpuri so...

11. [+18 / -66]
>>2
Yoshizawa Ryo and Hamabe Minami would've been good.

15. [+21 / -15]
>>11
I want O-Ryo to play a super sadistic and evil ikemen

12. [+175 / 22]
>>2
It did well so, probably?
1.1 billion yen in 6 days cannot be a miscast, right?

75. [+31 / -4]
>>2
I think Kanna-chan would've fit better as Fujiwara Chika
The hairstyle didn't quite suit her

88. [+10 / -5]
>>75
The girl who played Fujiwara Chika was really good though.

3. [+9 / -27]
>>1

4. [+622 / -12]
I want to wipe all the movies Tsuchiya Tao destroyed with her gori-oshi off the face of earth.

5. [+18 / -64]
Hirano

19. [+27 / -0]
>>5
As Sun Wukong or someone?

43. [+16 / -5]
>>5
Playing a gorilla

6. [+645 / -15]
First of all, I'd give all Nomura Shuhei's roles to Yoshizawa Ryo

10. [+175 / -6]
>>6
Chihayafuru flashbacks

7. [+10 / -2]
Live-actions feel off to begin with so I don't think anyone would fit even if the cast changed
Think about it

9. [+462 / -7]
I'd swap out Tsuchiya Tao completely.

13. [+548 / -5]
For the first L♡DK movie, I'd try changing Goriki-chan to another actress. Her character is supposed to be very average so someone like Yoshine Kyoko or similar would fit.

24. [+10 / -1]
>>13
Hm? I heard that they already changed the cast though.

35. [+292 / -6]
Around the beginning of this year they made a new one with Kamishiraishi's older sister, Yokohama Ryusei and Sugino-something.
I wonder why they chose Kamishiraishi's sister of all people. So ugly.

73. [+132 / -3]
>>13
True

14. [+24 / -28]
Antique ~Seiyō Kottō Yōgashiten~ (Antique Bakery)

Only Tackey didn't match
But I can't think of anyone else
Someone decide for me

32. [+1 / -14]
Oizumi Yo

17. [+375 / -4]
Tsuchiya Tao
Hirose Suzu
Arimura Kasumi
Hashimoto Kanna
Takahata Mitsuki

They just rotate between them

18. [+475 / -13]
I'm not even a fan but Taichi from Chihayafuru should've been Yoshizawa Ryo!
He's an ikemen with thick long eyelashes, and he's short as well. He's made for that role.
(I don't hate him but) as far as I know, Nomura-san was miscast.
They're from the same agency so it's like, if only they starting pushing Yoshizawa earlier...

29. [+291 / -2]
>>18
Nomura said that Yoshizawa Ryo should've done it. He's surprisingly self-aware w

104. [+110 / -3]
>>18
Actually, Nomura Shuhei would've been perfect as Arata.
Because he looks like a straightforward and honest.
Mackenyu tried to hide behind glasses but he sparkled unnecessarily, he would've made more sense as Taichi


127. [+89 / -0]
>>104
When the cast was revealed, most people commented "Shouldn't Taichi and Arata's actors be switched?"
I thought so too.
Taichi is supposed to be a sparkly and refreshing ikemen, so it should be Macken.
Perfume sang the theme song so maybe it's more of an Amuse production, which is why Nomura Shuhei was cast as the ikemen? is what I thought (Macken was under a small agency back then)

21. [+358 / -2]
There's something about Kitamura Takumi that fits more as a gloomy young man from a novel than as the handsome lead of a manga.

22. [+101 / -24]
Someone more refreshing would've been better as Kazehaya in KimiTodoke
Not to say I can think of anyone better...


26. [+415 / -6]
I'm shocked that Tsuchiya Tao alone destroyed over 10 live-action movies 😱

28. [+365 / -3]
Her being the heroine was bad enough, but her coupled with Yoshizawa Ryo pissed me off even more.
*Sakurai Hinako, Marmalade Boy

30. [+202 / -14]
Peach Girl
Kairi should be a younger bishonen and Sae should be Hirose Suzu

45. [+252 / -2]
>>30
I want to see Hirose Suzu as Sae! She'd probably make her really scary. If Hirose Suzu played characters with bad personalities, I'll probably become a fan!

50. [+177 / -12]
>>30
This. Keep Mackenyu in. Making Inoo Kei the most popular guy at school is simply unrealistic.

51. [+108 / -6]
>>30
Momo, Kairi, Toji, Sae, none of the actors really suited the characters.

I'll probably be downvoted but I think Michopa* should play Momo.
Her body is muscly so it's kind of close to Momo-chan who is a swimmer.
*Ikeda Miyuu
I think Hirose Suzu fits Sae too! Hirose Suzu's personality shows on her face when she's acting so I think she'd suit playing the mean girl who bullies the main character rather than playing the main character.
Kairi and Toji... I can't think of anyone. Kairi should be more bishonen, and someone who's refreshing and sporty would be good for Toji.

33. [+45 / -3]
What's up with the people who post pictures of Nagase and Hirano everywhere? It's been happening for ages now. Are they antis?
*Nagase Ren, Hirano Sho

37. [+250 / -11]
Seems like Kinpuri's Hirano will become the ruler of the Sweets movies just like Zakiyama and Tsuchiya Tao were at one time.

Zakiyama can act though so he has fortunately broken out of that mold
Tao on the other hand...

40. [+126 / -0]
I wanted to see Oizumi Yo in Space Brothers.

41. [+75 / -2]
I forgot the name but the movie Matsuzaka Tori and Takei Emi did.
Matsuzaka Tori → Miura Shohei

101. [+45 / -0]
>>41
Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu, I think?
Miura Shohei would've been good.

345. [+8 / -0]
>>41
And in Hirunaka no Ryusei
Matsuzaka Tori probably would've suited Miura Shohei's role better


42. [+30 / -102]
Ao Haru Ride

238. [+81 / -2]
>>42
I can't believe they chose these two sticks
It's one of my favourite mangas so I was shocked.
Honda Tsubasa is okay but Higashide Masahiro, no way.
Should've used Yamazaki Kento (# ゜Д゜)

44. [+254 / -16]
Definitely Tsuchiya Tao. It's like she wants to always be the popular female high school student instead of someone more appropriate for her age. She wants to be fawned over so she causes problems for us. It's natural that we all hate her.

53. [+147 / -5]
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Suda-kun was good.
I don't hate Tao-chan but she's not Shizuku, someone like Kiyohara Kaya would fit.

54. [+28 / -3]
There will be complaints no matter who plays any character so it's pointless to redo it.

56. [+177 / -4]
Kamenashi-kun did not fit in P to JK---!
Naturally Tao-san didn't either.
Tao was good in was Library Wars!!

59. [+22 / -1]
They don't cast based on the character, they choose people who will bring in audience numbers. There are more people out there that will watch a movie based on who's in it than people who will watch because they like the manga.

64. [+70 / -1]
>>59
What I'm confused about is why it's always Tsuchiya Tao.

68. [+9 / -48]
>>64
Tsuchiya Tao has had quite a lot of hit movies.
Arimura Kasumi, Hirose Suzu, and Tsuchiya Tao all draw in viewers.

78. [+8 / -0]
>>68
Do you understand what a hit movie is?

89. [+10 / -12]
>>78
ORANGE grossed over 30 billion, Aozora Yell 13 billion, and P to JK 11 billion, I think?

99. [+9 / -4]
>>89
Huh, she's working hard.

338. [+12 / -1]
>>89
Orange was because of Zakiyama
Back then he was the live-action prince, that was his peak. Zakiyama hadn't been recognised for his acting yet but people said he was good in Orange.

61. [+67 / -0]
In Chihayafuru, Macken and Nomura Shuhei should've gotten each other's roles.
I got used to it in the end though.

63. [+228 / -1]
Katayose Ryota was a definite miscast in Gozen 0-ji no Kiss.
Hashikan is way too pretty to play an average high school girl.

66. [+91 / -3]
I watched P to JK but Tsuchiya Tao being Tomosaka Rie's daughter is next to impossible---😭

67. [+213 / -4]
I didn't read the manga so I don't know who would fit which character but I would change a lot in this

70. [+68 / -70]
This
In every single school romance drama these days, which they hardly even make now, the heroine is always too plain, even if she is supposed to be average. I can't understand why they would reject someone like Imada Mio.
Yeah, I get that she's good at acting, but Hirano-kun is so hot that I don't get why he would choose her.
If it had been Nagano Mei-chan in that dress-up scene, I would've enjoyed it more.

77. [+126 / -6]
>>70
Hirano Sho is 171 cm so they might've been thinking about the height balance.
I personally like Hana-chan

71. [+78 / -5]
I don't hate Tsuchiya Tao, I'm actually a rare Girls Channel user who thinks she's cute, but I don't think she suits this genre anymore!!

79. [+96 / -7]
Heroine Shikkaku had the perfect casting.

86. [+75 / -8]
In Anikoma, forget Tao, casting Katayose? was way more baffling. He's not handsome and his acting sucks.
*Katayose Ryota, Ani ni Aisaresugite Komattemasu

94. [+135 / -3]
>>86
Katayose-kun is really bad at acting.
And his face is below average.
Why was he cast as Ayase Kaede??*
*Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo

95. [+16 / -12]
>>86
That's not true.
The younger sister was supposed to be thinner and have a smaller face.
Katayose-kun was cast perfectly as the gaudy older brother. I don't know if I'd call him handsome but he has good proportions and his face is small.

100. [+69 / -1]
>>95
If he's not handsome then there's no point.
His character is supposed to so good looking that he turns heads
He looks like a bulldog

133. [+16 / -4]
>>100
➕Infinity. He has the face that would make me change the channel.

92. [+30 / -23]
Tsuchiya Tao brings in the numbers for some reason, that's why she's cast. The production team likes her too. Hirose Suzu on the other hand actually doesn't bring in the numbers.

97. [+55 / -3]
>>92
Hirose Suzu does.
Chihayafuru, Your Lie in April, and Cheerdan all grossed over 10 billion yen.
Not many actresses can consistently gross over 10 billion, I think only Arimura Kasumi, Hirose Suzu, and Tsuchiya Tao can.
Other than them, I think only Hamabe Minami and Nagano Mei have more than two movies that have grossed over 10 billion.

96. [+111 / -2]
Please at least cast teens in junior high school and high school students roles.

Putting someone in their 20's in uniform is pushing it

102. [+0 / -47]
People from EXILE are handsome and can act but why does Katayose-kun always play the leading roles? For ratings?


107. [+120 / -2]
>>102
I don't understand how you can call this handsome

113. [+86 / -0]
>>102
Movies nowadays establish this guy as this popular star and Hashimoto Kanna-chan as an average high school student
Both are so unrealistic that it's funny.

224. [+47 / -1]
>>102
All I see is a young Tanaka from Ungirls with dyed hair.


112. [+129 / -1]
No matter how cute or handsome you are... If the uniform is...

This is the uniform in Strobe Edge. It's horrible.

124. [+53 / -1]
Starting from around the time Koizora and Hanadan were released, the movies had amazing opening numbers, but it's decreased a lot since then.
No matter how I looked at it, I just could not see Ikuta Toma and Yoshitaka Yuriko as high school students (Bokura ga Ita), so it didn't think the movie was good.
Back then there weren't any good actresses in their early 20's so they probably couldn't do anything about it.

130. [+121 / -3]
Found this on the internet
Now, don't they cast a lot of older newcomers aged 20~26 into these types of student roles?
They aren't fresh-looking

144. [+8 / -30]
>>1

147. [+68 / -2]
>>144
Cosplay tournament

Post a Comment

0 Comments