Please do not re-post any of our translations elsewhere.

Clothes You've Been Seeing A Lot Lately


Source:  Girls Channel

Clothes you've been seeing a lot lately

1. [+29 / -626]
It's finally gotten cooler.
Around my area I often see people wearing trencker leggings beneath gaucho pants.
How about you guys? What kind of clothing do you see frequently around you?

3. [+2172 / -27]
>>1
I've never ever seen anyone wear leggings beneath gaucho pants. Where do you live?

15. [+653 / -18]
>>1
Trencker!? They still make those?

23. [+1192 / -16]
>>1
I didn't really understand what OP-san was describing so I searched for pictures and this came up
Is it something like this? I've never seen it before


51. [+214 / -2]
>>1
I saw this today. They were wearing long gaucho pants, and under that, they had on leggings!
When I saw it I thought "Are the leggings really necessary?"

58. [+179 / -5]
>>1
I saw this just today! @Sendai
She was the generally stylish Mama-san but I thought something looked off, and then I noticed she had on leggings under her gaucho pants
Is that the style now?

4. [+554 / -24]
T-shirt + Jeans

5. [+655 / -10]
It's still a bit warm so I often see people wearing wide pants with thin fabric
Around my area.

6. [+1199 / -9]
The colours have become Autumn-toned but a lot of people are still wearing the same kind of clothing they did in Summer.

7. [+1201 / -34]
Those shirts with unnecessary holes at the shoulders.
Do you know which ones?
They're weird www

22. [+385 / -19]
>>7
Do you mean clothes that have one shoulder exposed?
There's also the type with both shoulders exposed.
I think it looks weird too!

30. [+709 / -28]
>>7
This?

57. [+22 / -53]
>>30
At my kid's nursery school, I saw a plain-looking 40-year-old mother wearing that and I involuntarily did a double take w

62. [+147 / -7]
>>30
People who wear that probably take solid measures to prevent sunburn. If I wore that and got weird tan lines, I'd cry.

115. [+188 / -3]
>>30
Looks like something our local swindler from Kumamoto would wear.
She's 60 but says she's 30.
A very bold lie.

84. [+231 / -7]
>>7
Weren't off the shoulder tops popular last year?
Haven't seen it that much this year. The asymmetrical one-side off the shoulder tops are still a bit popular though.

8. [+317 / -19]
Long tight flower patterned skirts

9. [+877 / -7]
Waffle T-shirt dresses with jeggings and sandals, and a waist pouch and cap.

64. [+157 / -6]
>>9
That's basically a uniform now.

84. [+205 / -5]
>>9
There are so many people wearing it that I feel embarrassed for them.

10. [+983 / -106]
Don't see many female university students wearing this sort of thing anymore

69. [+310 / -7]
>>10
Kids nowadays like the same fashion and makeup that was popular with their grandmother's generation in the Showa era.
My mother often wore clothes with small floral patterns, and red lipstick was also on trend.
I wonder why it came back around?

125. [+159 / -1]
>>69
Fashion repeats itself

11. [+1114 / -9]
Long skirts with the shirt tucked in.
This is all I see.

31. [+703 / -10]
>>11
Oh sh*t, that's me. I wear this outfit a lot (lol)
My legs are hidden and it's really comfortable (lol)

97. [+135 / -5]
>>31
I think it's cute.
It makes your figure look good and it's simple and pretty.

12. [+299 / -18]
It's not as hot anymore so.

14. [+443 / -10]
A square T-shirt on top of square wide pants.
And the same old sneakers.

16. [+817 / -21]
One-piece dresses with small flower patterns, knee length
I work at a university and this style of dress is extremely common among female students, makes me wonder if it's in fashion now.
It looks cute.

21. [+561 / -24]
>>16
I see this a lot!
I think it's really cute.
I think it's been a long time since the last neat and tidy style boom
When socks are worn with it, it looks even lovelier

47. [+347 / -4]
>>16
I work at a university too but at my university, a lot of kids wear big T-shirts tucked into boys jeans. Maybe because it's in the countryside? (lol)

17. [+262 / -2]
I've seen that, OP-san
Looked like they were baking in it.

19. [+348 / -4]
Retro-style dresses

20. [+301 / -22]
First time I've heard 'trencker' in close to 10 years w


24. [+479 / -39]
Tying a scarf around your neck is popular right now.
It's folded up thin and coiled around so it looks like a choker.
It's really cute~ I want to try it❗

34. [+372 / -7]
>>24
I bought a scarf today~ despite my age. I'm 35. It was love at first sight!
If I can't make it look good, I'll tie it to my bag! LOL

55. [+173 / -8]
>>24
Wasn't this popular around 20 years ago as well? (Does anyone else remember?)
They sold lots of them so I have scarves of different colours and patterns
I brought them all out recently and had fun with them again.

Sometimes I wear it like Audrey Hepburn did in Roman Holiday
But it suits a simple T-shirt and long skirt as well.
I wore it last year but I'm grateful that it hasn't caught on too much this year, and that people wearing it.

83. [+150 / -2]
>>24
I remember scarves being fashionable during the bubble period.
It was Hermes back then though...

25. [+395 / -11]
Those shirts that are torn on the shoulders.

26. [+306 / -5]
Cap with long T-shirt
Wide pants with sneakers
Muted colours
Everyone looks like they bought the clothes off the mannequins at the GU* store
*Discount fashion retail chain

27. [+381 / -11]
Surprisingly, I've been seeing a lot of boyish silhouettes
I haven't really been seeing clothing that shows off curves

28. [+1613 / -9]
A lot of people are wearing beige-coloured clothing
Like this dress

29. [+491 / -5]
Dresses that hang straight down, big earrings, sandals
I see this a lot

33. [+1140 / -11]
In Summer, everyone I saw was wearing this.
Outfits found on Instagram

41. [+474 / -4]
>>28
>>33
Everyone, from university students to housewives, is wearing this
I see it often on the ones who have a sporty and casual style

42. [+463 / -3]
>>33
I saw this everywhere in Summer!
I paired my dress with sandals.

By the way, this woman is pregnant... right??
This type of dress hangs straight down so
Even if you're not pregnant, your tummy stands out...

53. [+239 / -14]
>>33
Currently pregnant, I seriously just wore this all summer.
This coming into fashion was a life-saver for me.


36. [+303 / -11]
I have honestly never in my life seen the outfit OP-san is describing www

38. [+704 / -21]
Pairing a dress with a skirt is in, Hamaguchi Ryoko said so on Hirunandesu!!

40. [+182 / -3]
OP-san, do you live in a cold area?
In Kanto, it's still warm enough to wear short sleeves.

44. [+426 / -6]
Checkered skirts are popping up a lot on online shopping catalogues.
Thinking of buying one.

46. [+188 / -3]
I've noticed people wearing KANGOL* again for the first time in a while. I wonder if it's getting popular again.
*Hat brand

59. [+138 / -4]
I saw someone wearing the outfit in OP-san's post too.
It sort of looked like she wanted to make leggings popular again.
She had a slit cut on the side of her dress and I could clearly see her leggings.
It reminded me of a china dress.

68. [+11 / -3]
>>59
I saw someone wearing that without the leggings today!
The hem of her dress was flapping everywhere, it made this auntie nervous.

63. [+109 / -3]
I've noticed people wearing those jumper skirt? looking dresses a lot lately

65. [+234 / -44]
In magazines and clothing brand sites, I often see loose long tops paired with long skirts, but I'm never seen anyone wear that in real life. Is it because I'm from the countryside?
I see it often ➕
Never seen it before ➖

67. [+18 / -23]
OP here.
I went to AEON today and saw lots of people wearing gaucho pants and leggings.
It's especially popular with women in their 40's

71. [+602 / -8]
I looked up Trencker on Wear(.jp) and a few of these came up with the new arrivals. Are they trying to start a fashion trend with this?
It looks like my granny emerging from the kotatsu

74. [+169 / -2]
>>71
Looks like my old school uniform jersey
I fondly remember that exquisite reddish-brown colour

82. [+231 / -3]
>>71
LOL w
Looks like my grandma too w

78. [+388 / -4]
It's gotten colder these past few days. The thin people wearing skinny jeans definitely stand out. Since everyone else is wearing wide pants.

79. [+43 / -4]
It hasn't gotten colder at all.
Maybe for the people in Hokkaido, but the rest of Japan?

80. [+117 / -5]
Lately, haven't people been wearing plain colours or patterned clothing a lot? Like brown or bordeaux coloured patterned cloth or something your grandma would wear. The clothes that celebrities are wearing are also not great.

81. [+77 / -73]
Wearing pants under dresses...

85. [+237 / -9]
Shirts like this

95. [+353 / -6]
>>85
All the mannequins at UNIQLO had their collars pulled back stylishly like this
But an old granny came over and pulled all the collars closed.

88. [+313 / -4]
I went to watch a stageplay aimed at a certain type of otaku and it was full of girls wearing something like this.
I thought it kinda looked tacky

89. [+295 / -15]
I've been seeing this type of skirt a lot

90. [+239 / -0]
The fashion trends that the clothing manufacturers want to popularise have been especially weird lately.
They create new and original designs so people will want to buy it but it doesn't feel like they're aiming to show off the wearer's figure.

Post a Comment

0 Comments