Please do not re-post any of our translations elsewhere.

Aoi Yu Marries Yamasato Ryota of Nankai Candies

Source: Girls ChannelSports Hochi

Aoi Yu and Nankai Candies' Yamasato Ryota are married, submitted marriage registration on the 3rd.


1. [+7819 / -55]
The two began dating in April. At that point, both were already strongly thinking of marriage. They registered their marriage on May 3. The Cupid was Shizu-chan*. Aoi and Shizu-chan met on the set of "Hula Girls" (2006), and became fast friends, often going out for meals and trips together. At the beginning of this year, the three of them went out for a meal and Aoi and Yamasato hit it off. Before long, it developed into a romantic relationship.
*Yamazaki Shizuyo, the other half of Nankai Candies.

This is so surprising! Congratulations!!

2. [+9464 / -19]
Wow!!

3. [+8116 / -18]
Shocking!

4. [+8319 / -25]
Ehhhhhh----!!!!!

5. [+5586 / -34]
Surprising!
Congratulations!

6. [+12176 / -579]
Sorry, but when I saw this on the news, the first thing I thought was "Aoi Yu, being able to sleep with Yama-chan, that's amazing"

10. [+6058 / -13]
Today isn't April Fools, right? (laugh)

11. [+3317 / -51]
This is surprising! If it's true, then congratulations!

12. [+6764 / -584]
To think that face, that voice, that personality, would be able to marry Aoi Yu... Even if he's really funny, the instinctual feeling of disgust completely overrides it. It's happy news but I have mixed feelings... I wish them happiness!

13. [+4085 / -42]
I involuntarily said "Eh!" lol
Congratulations!

14. [+8565 / -72]
This is really surprising!!
Congratulations Yama-chan!

But it seems like Aoi Yu will get bored of him pretty quickly (whisper)

15. [+6495 / -48]
Aoi Yu, what happened?!

16. [+3147 / -22]
That's amazing, Yama-chan!! Congratulations!!

17. [+3866 / -15]
I have awakened.

19. [+2206 / -22]
Seriously? Seriously??

20. [+3529 / -15]
I was so surprised, my sleepiness vanished!

21. [+4049 / -18]
Who would've thought a topic posted at 5 am would be celebrity news lol
Congratulations~!
I thought it was a plot summary for a drama at first lol

22. [+2781 / -50]
I saw this on the morning news and was so surprised!!

They're an unexpected couple but they might fit well together♪
Congratulations!

23. [+3322 / -32]
I like Yama-chan but his adult jokes are crude, is this okay?

24. [+3962 / -207]
I see divorce.

25. [+1296 / -73]
They might actually suit each other.
Congratulations!

26. [+3317 / -11]
This is so unexpected, I thought it was fake news!

27. [+1944 / -28]
This isn't some kind of mistake??
So surprising--!!!

28. [+812 / -511]
Wow! ♡I love them both!

30. [+3484 / -131]
Seriously!
Aoi Yu, I'm seeing you in a new light now www

32. [+3226 / -180]
I love Aoi Yu-chan, but now, every time I think of her, Yamasato's face is going to be there, tagging along. It's tough.

33. [+2701 / -119]
Beauty and the Beast?! Yama-chan's amazing!

35. [+5662 / -31]
So many actors couldn't catch her, why him?!
Congratulations㊗️

36. [+1800 / -20]
I thought "This is a joke, right?", but it was true!

39. [+1243 / -9]
I watched in real-time and thought I was being pranked.

44. [+2001 / -21]
I heard a rumour that Yama-chan's oshi* had changed recently.
To like, Aoi Yu's oshi.
This is a surprising combination but congratulations.
*Favourite idol. Aoi and Yamasato are idol otakus.

46. [+5416 / -28]

53. [+1261 / -19]
The first shocking news of the Reiwa era.

77. [+1623 / -42]
Yu-chan... Is this really okay?  ; _ ;
*Comment from Yamasato about how he gets s**ually excited watching Hula Girls. In Aoi's hula scene, there are lots of closeup shots of her upper body and her facial expressions. He says there's a special way to watch it -- when you watch the scene lying down in a star position (大), it will feel like you're riding on her. He tells others to try it too. He says it feels good. *Corrected



Nankai Candies Yama-chan and Aoi Yu Marry After Dating for 2 Months. The 42-year-old "Ugly Character" Wins the Heart of "Popular 9 Years Younger Actress".


On the 4th, it was revealed that Yamasato Ryota (42), of the owarai duo Nankai Candies, and popular actress Aoi Yu (33) had gotten married. They dated for only 2 months. The couple registered their marriage at a ward office in Tokyo on the 3rd. Shizu-chan (40), Yamasato's owarai partner and Aoi Yu's close friend, was their "Cupid". The sudden marriage between this unexpected couple - Yama-chan, who usually plays the "ugly" character, and Aoi Yu, who is hailed as a beauty, has become the most shocking marriage of the Reiwa era.

1. [+59009 / -4579]
The first shocking good story of the Reiwa era.
I'm thinking "why Yamasato?"
I wish them both happiness.
Congratulations.

[+419 / -12]
This is the most surprised I've been this year.
Yama-chan, that's amazing.
He's living the dream.

[+333 / -6]
I was really surprised! I thought I read it wrong so I read it again properly, and Yama-chan really did get married! Yama-chan seems kind so I want everything to go smoothly (*^^*) Yama-chan, congratulations (^o^)

[+416 / -6]
Aoi Yu-san, didn't she date Okada-kun and Eita? That's a really big gap~ But Yama-chan seems like he'd be a good husband!

[+443 / -14]
Choosing Yama-chan in the end, my image of Aoi Yu-san has changed! In a good way!

2. [+53888 / -4080]
What a surprise!
Congratulations. I want to know the details leading up to their marriage.

3. [+48767 / -3209]
This is surprising!
Congratulations.

4. [+16441 / -184]
I bet no one expected Yama-chan would marry a popular actress.
They're the most surprising combination of the past few years.
I look forward to seeing other celebrities' reactions.
Congratulations.

5. [+14357 / -382]
I think Yama-chan was a good choice for Aoi Yu. He's hardworking and treats women well. He's financially capable and seems like the type to completely devote himself to someone. I wish them everlasting happiness. Congratulations.

6. [+13425 / -361]
I thought, "She had a reputation of being a philanderess, but in the end, she's settling down with him--!". They surprisingly match. It doesn't feel unnatural.

[+16 / -238]
When Miyazaki Aoi-san was starting out, she was still young, and it felt like she was rushing headlong into everything. I want to think that now that she's older, that she's changed a bit...

[+285 / -4]
Miyazaki Aoi?

[+59 / -1]
It's Aoi [Yu].

[+163 / -10]
I don't think she's settling down yet.

[+470 / -13]
Even if everything is good now, when you look back on her past romances, you'll see how harshly and easily she changes her mind.

I feel like Yama-chan is going to end up in tears...

[+418 / -5]
Yeah... Once a seductress, always a seductress. I wonder how much Yama-chan can endure...

[+342 / -5]
Congratulations. But why do I feel so anxious about them?

[+407 / -3]
Yama-chan, congratulations.
Yama-chan, you're the man!
But dating for 2 months... I can't be the only one that feels concerned about that.

7. [+12817 / -194]
How surprising! It woke me right up!
Congratulations!
I'm looking forward to hearing the comments on Sukkiri* today ♫
*Morning news program

8. [+10540 / -240]
The first shock of this year!!
But surprisingly, I think they match!!
Congratulations. I wish them happiness!

9. [+8344 / -164]
The first shock of the morning! Congratulations.
I'm looking forward to seeing Yamasato-san's friend on Sukkiri today, and also Yamasato-san's radio show.
I wish them happiness!

10. [+8590 / -306]
What a wonderful story.
It makes me feel that you'll be rewarded when you try your best in life.
It's like a lesson in life.

11. [+6260 / -88]
I thought he'd eventually marry some former idol (laugh)
I never thought he'd marry an actress with lots of experience towards love.
Congratulations.

[+415 / -2]
It's true... Aoi Yu dated Okada Junichi and many other men. I heard that she dated them right until they were thinking of marriage. She made them think she would marry them, so they bought houses to gear up for marriage, and then she dumped them.
Yama-chan surpassed them all.

12. [+5877 / -132]
I thought it was a joke.
It's amazing how Yama-chan was able to win Aoi Yu-chan's heart. She could've married an actor or an IT president.
Please make Aoi-chan happy.

Photos from the press conference:
Left: Yama-chan, Right: Aoi Yu
Left to right: Shizu-chan, Yama-chan, Aoi Yu

Post a Comment

0 Comments