Please do not re-post any of our translations elsewhere.

Detective Pikachu Jumps to First Place in its Second Weekend!


Source: Cinema TodayGirls Channel

1. [+146 / -7]

image

The live action adaptation of the Pocket Monsters Series, "Detective Pikachu." Based on the Nintendo DS game "Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Team", Tim (Justice Smith), a man who used to love Pokemon, teams up with Detective Pikachu to search for his missing father. It premiered in theatres on the 3rd, and opened at number three in its opening weekend. It splendidly acquired first place over this weekend.

image

The world-wide hit "Avengers: Endgame", continuing from last week, has remained in second place this week as well. Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue Sapphire, whose box-office revenue has the possibility of breaking through 10 billion for the first time in this series' history, has dropped two places from last week, from 1st place to 3rd place.

image

Japanese Box Office Rankings - 11th May 2019 to 12 May 2019.

1. (3) Detective Pikachu - 2nd week
2. (2) Avengers: Endgame - 3rd week
3. (1) Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue Sapphire - 5th week
4. (4) Kingdom - 4th week
5. (5) Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane - 4th week
6. (6) Kakegurui - 2nd week
7. (-) Leaving the Scene - 1st week
8. (-) Cheer Boys!! - 1st week
9. (-) The Curse of La Llorona - 1st week
10. (-) Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato - 1st week

2. [+464 / -2]
Pika-sama

3. [+686 / -3]
People say that Detective Pikachu is interesting.

5. [+356 / -3]
Gonna watch Pikachu tomorrow–––!

6. [+234 / -2]
Don't know if I should watch it dubbed or subbed!

7. [+552 / -5]
Pikachu was so cute! I want to watch it again

8. [+9 / -191]
I don't like how the Pikachu creators seem to agree to everything for the sake of money.

When Pokemon Go came out, I thought, "it's surprising that an app that is likely to cause accidents was approved" and my misgivings were proven correct. Several innocent people died in accidents.

21. [+165 / -1]
>>8
The Pokemon Company and Game Freak are separate companies.

9. [+319 / -45]
Pikachu is cute
But I'm so used to this Pikachu, the movie Pikachu gives me goosebumps.
It's cute though
image

10. [+152 / -128]
Yay! It beat Conan!!!

11. [+38 / -95]
I wish they had used a proper voice actor instead of an old man.

12. [+170 / -27]
I wonder if Conan's momentum is dropping now.

13. [+37 / -7]
I want to see all of them but I can't afford it

14. [+309 / -31]
I want to see Pikachu but Pikachu was given an adult voice, my impression of Pikachu with a cute "pikapi–" voice is stronger, so I'm torn.

33. [+386 / -0]
>>14
His anime voice appears a tiny little bit too. The gap was super cute.
The movie was interesting. If you're an adult, if you go to a late-night screening, it might be more relaxing!

15. [+8 / -49]
Is the movie Pikachu potty-mouthed?

18. [+97 / -95]
I went to see Conan today! It was interesting! Kyogoku-san was cool. The mystery aspect was light, but well, for the past few years, the movies have placed more importance in action. After so long, I want to see a genuine mystery movie again...

19. [+275 / -3]
I went to see it. Pikachu was super cute!
I only thing I was disappointed with was that the subtitled version didn't play "Holding Out For a Hero" It felt a bit lonely without it!

20. [+477 / -8]
Pikachu is more useful at diplomacy than the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

22. [+219 / -1]
Was Detective Pikachu was based on a game?

23. [+914 / -4]
image

52. [+149 / -0]
>>23
Soooo cuuuuute 〜〜(*´Ð”`)Haahh haahh

24. [+430 / -2]
Pikachu wasn't just cute but interesting?

25. [+314 / -1]
My son who loves Pikachu said it was very interesting

26. [+129 / -10]
I want to see a mystery type Conan movie like Crossroad in the Ancient Capital again.

28. [+417 / -1]
Don't care about the movie but there's a big Pikachu display at the movie theatre and the movie Pikachus feel really nice.

30. [+187 / -1]
I don't like live adaptations but Pikachu is cute.

32. [+ / -] - Spoilers
I want to pet him too.
[https://up.gc-img.net/post_img_web/2019/05/5b581c46cf3e37d1760cfd725bdcf74a_14339.jpeg"]

42. [+ / -]
>>32
He's petting him?

51. [+ / -]
>>42
He's helping him put his hat on
34. [+315 / -2]
I want people who say "this Pikachu doesn't feel right..." to watch the movie.

35. [+22 / -37]
Conan movies are lacklustre unless Amuro is the focus.

36. [+323 / -2]
I got addicted to Pikachu for the first time
Its fluffy expression is irresistible!

38. [+335 / -2]
I didn't watch with any expectations but it was interesting!! That fur and form is adorable.
A lot of other Pokemon appeared too, I want adults to watch it to bring back nostalgic feelings (*^▽^*)

39. [+3 / -27]
Avengers can't win against Japanese anime

40. [+ / -] - Spoilers
Pikachu is cute of course, but I found golduck being piggy-backed by the heroine the cutest. It's cuteness can't be conveyed with a screenshot but, it's something like this.
[https://up.gc-img.net/post_img/2019/05/9rxMKUbXCZIUtBg_LbOhM_40.jpeg]
41. [+751 / -1]
The Chinese posters are too adorable.
image

image

image

image

43. [+350 / -0]
I watched it. It was so cute.
Pikachu's cuteness almost killed me.

47. [+237 / -1]
Pikachu was cute with his squishy cheeks when he was building up electricity.
But his voice sometimes sounded like Takeuchi Ryoma and Nishijima Hidetoshi.

49. [+90 / -5]
In comparison, Japan's live adaptations...

53. [+78 / -0]
The movie fees are going to increase in June so better go quick.

54. [+52 / -32]
It said Kingdom reached 4 billion.
Congratulations Yamazaki Kento and Yoshizawa Ryo!

55. [+99 / -3]
This is so cute. I love it.


58. [+28 / -0]
>>55
I have it on repeat when I'm tired.

56. [+39 / -8]
What about Kingdom? It seemed well received by Girls channel users.

60. [+229 / -0]
Pikachu is too cute. I suffered from Pikachu withdrawal after it ended. I'm going to see pikachu again tomorrow!
Pikachu's super super cute, and healing, so everyone should watch it~

61. [+325 / -0]
image

63. [+369 / -1]
So cute, pikachu has a coffee mustache
image

65. [+220 / -0]
The movie isn't based on the anime but a game called Detective Pikachu and Pikachu is an old man there.
Pikachu's old man voice follows the original work so it's fine
It's natural that it'll feel wrong when you think that it's supposed to be the same as the anime pikachu, so here's a warning to people who have misunderstood.

66. [+244 / -0]
I really, really want a soft toy of this movie's Pikachu.
A version like the photo in the first post where he's looking up with a cute stunned look on his face and a smiling version, made in Pikachu's actual size, big enough to carry in your arms, would be good.
This poor person is willing to throw money at you, Hollywood and Nintendo, so please make it!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments