Please do not re-post any of our translations elsewhere.

How Is the Coronovirus Affecting You?


Source: Girls Channel

How Is the Coronovirus Affecting You?


1. [+155 / -1084]
There are new threads about it every day, but how is it in real life?
At my work, we still use the communal towel [to dry our hands] after going to the toilet. My friend is travelling to Tokyo tomorrow to go shopping. Ginza, I think she said.
How are things around you?

34. [+2275 / -16]
>>1
Even without the coronavirus, I don't think you should be sharing a towel... w

39. [+1233 / -13]
>>1
I can't believe you have a communal towel


2. [+3020 / -38]
At the morning briefing at my company, we're told to be careful because it's spreading.
That's all.

3. [+4007 / -592]
The Japanese government is sh*t

4. [+3953 / -33]
It's not the most talked about subject at work, but my boss, who doesn't even wear a mask when he has the flu, is finally wearing a mask

5. [+6152 / -19]
I'm in the countryside but the masks are all sold out 😷

7. [+2680 / -22]
Started to realise how bad it was when I saw people buying boxes and boxes of masks at the drug store

9. [+2771 / -22]
I'm being careful. The flu is spreading too.

10. [+4391 / -61]
It's highly infectious but I think the risk of death is low in Japan.

11. [+2333 / -14]
Some of my friends are thinking of cancelling plans to go to events
The level of scariness for the coronavius and influenza is about the same.

12. [+68 / -385]
I'm sick of it

13. [+1450 / -19]
There are far more people wearing masks compared to yesterday

14. [+3259 / -27]
Everything is as usual at the supermarket and park. But I can't find masks anywhere.

15. [+2048 / -21]
They said they didn't sell masks at work.

16. [+4411 / -38]
A lot of people don't wear masks on the train.
On top of that, people with a cough don't wear masks.
They don't cover their mouths when they cough either. It's ridiculous.

17. [+4055 / -20]
The number of infected people in China is definitely dubious.

18. [+3072 / -31]
Pollen season is starting soon so stop buying up all the masks

32. [+1038 / -14]
>>18
Lots of people already stocked up for pollen season

19. [+2576 / -21]
I want to murder people on the train who don't wear masks and don't cover their mouth and nose when they sneeze.
It's dirty and dangerous.

20. [+1942 / -48]
Off-topic but,
I hate the direction Japan is going in
We're going to be hijacked by China. Well, Hokkaido is already like that so
Guess we already have been

21. [+1086 / -45]
I'm wondering if I should cancel my trip to Tokyo this month.

22. [+1733 / -40]
Masks are all sold out but only a third of the people walking around are wearing masks.

23. [+841 / -119]
I bought goggles!
I can't find infection-protection items anywhere 💦
There weren't any at the supermarket, the drug store, the convenience store, even small businesses. Don't know when new stock is coming in

24. [+2292 / -17]
My mum told me a Chinese person bought up all the masks that were being sold at her workplace. Apparently they asked if there was more stock at the back. I guess there was no item limit.

25. [+886 / -47]
My kid's school (third year middle school)
Has instated a mask rule
Third years don't really go out on school trips so the flu and norovirus probably won't get to them, I think they'll be fine.

26. [+1984 / -24]
I live in Tokyo. I heard Chinese people talking in supermarkets. I know it's bad to think this but I was terrified.

27. [+1072 / -88]
There are more people wearing masks than usual. It occasionally comes up in conversation, but the generally feeling is, "Well, we're not going to die."

28. [+1132 / -61]
"You can recover from it, I'm concerned about the elderly and pregnant, children are unlikely to catch it" -- My doctor

30. [+1746 / -46]
People who don't wear masks in crowds are fearless

31. [+1067 / -18]
I'm in the countryside, the mask supply decreases every day, it ran out today
There were so many before as well.

33. [+953 / -5]
Alcohol wipes will be sold out soon

35. [+1207 / -18]
I regularly order dust-protection masks for my workplace to use but when I ordered this time, I was told they don't know when it'll arrive.
We need it for work, so troublesome!!

36. [+1389 / -41]
Masks are placebos
Washing your hands is the best way to prevent infection

37. [+989 / -19]
My son had an exam today, the parents in the waiting room were all wearing masks❕

38. [+943 / -17]
My company ordered masks but they were from China lol. They're giving it out for free so everyone's wearing masks.

40. [+663 / -9]
At my workplace we were discussing how if the mask supply doesn't recover before the peak of hay fever season, we're going to be in trouble.

41. [+1021 / -19]
This guy spread a rumour that someone at our local hospital had coronavirus
Don't spread rumours. Ạsshole

42. [+707 / -8]
I have hay fever so I sneeze a lot and have a runny nose. If I scare you, I'm sorry.

43. [+546 / -19]
Small business in the countryside
We do talk about it but we're not especially worried
It's just grandpas and grandmas around us, and everyone's healthy.

44. [+1208 / -42]
If it's in Japan, I don't think it'll kill you
Norovirus is the most frightening

45. [+864 / -624]
Heaps of people die every year from influenza so I don't get why it's being featured on the news so often or why people are making such a big deal out of it.

Wash your hands, rinse your mouth, wear a mask, and you'll be safe
It makes no difference that there's coronavirus now
We should be doing all of this anyway, taking preventative measures
We shouldn't be making it more than it is

49. [+884 / -22]
I'm a worker that bring supplies to the hospital
My company told me to wear a mask going in and to wash my hands with alcohol-based soap
Everyone at work wears a mask
But there's one person that never does
"If this person was the owner, everyone will get sick," I think in irritation and fear as I continue to work hard at work everyday.

Post a Comment

0 Comments