Please do not re-post any of our translations elsewhere.

Anime Characters You Wish Had A Different Seiyū


Anime Characters You Wish Had A Different Seiyū

Source: Girls Channel

1. [+234 / -789]
Attack on Titan's Levi
I'm still not used to his voice.
*Voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi

5. [+939 / -66]
>>1
Really?
I can't think of him with any other voice now.

15. [+704 / -78]
>>1
I think people really really like his voice though. Isn't the reason the character got this popular because of the combination of his voice and the character?

21. [+285 / -50]
>>1
I know I lot of people feel this way but I think it matches.

25. [+231 / -143]
>>1
I see heaps of downvotes but I agree.
I won't say "change his voice actor now" but I'm sure they could have chosen someone better.

41. [+114 / -21]
>>25
Same. Can't deny that it feels like they just picked a popular voice actor.

51. [+226 / -12]
>>1
True, Levi received the most "his voice doesn't fit" comments when the anime first came out.

73. [+221 / -30]
>>1
You have never seen hell (outside the wall)!



2. [+354 / -74]
Shin-chan

3. [+10 / -57]
Sazae-san

4. [+560 / -17]
Masuo-san*
*Sazae-san's husband, His first seiyū retired and his role was taken over by someone else.

6. [+123 / -7]
New Fruits Basket's Hatori-san

16. [+37 / -4]
>>6
Was going to write the same thing when I read the thread title but you got there before me lol

I really can't get used to Hatori-san's voice

54. [+31 / -4]
>>6
Why does he sound so monotone?
Who voices him? Someone who knows a lot about seiyū, please tell me.

66. [+87 / -1]
>>54
Okitsu-san is a fairly experienced voice actor. I've never felt that he was a bad voice actor but I thought that his Hatori-san sounded off too. Rather than Okitsu-san's acting being bad, I think his voice doesn't suit that type of character.
*Okitsu Kazuyuki

7. [+541 / -81]
Levi's voice suits him.

8. [+13 / -97]
Doraemon can be Hashimoto Kanna

13. [+5 / -64]
>>8
Then Tsuchiya Tao-san for Anpanman

9. [+206 / -24]
Lupin the Third

10. [+34 / -59]
Jigen Daisuke
*Voiced by Kobayashi Kiyoshi (86), Lupin the Third

11. [+357 / -48]
Dora-chan
*Doraemon

12. [+152 / -15]
Kid Trunks

14. [+213 / -4]
Doraemon's seiyū is fine but Hidetoshi's one is awful.

17. [+381 / -14]
All of the dads in Ghibli movies

18. [+714 / -17]
Amuro Toru
His voice shows his age... It doesn't match, his character is supposed to be twenty nine.
*Voiced by Furuya Toru (66)

28. [+357 / -8]
>>18
Amuro-san is really cool but whenever I hear his voice, Amuro Ray and the seiyū's chubby face flashes in my mind. I think Akai-san's voice fits.

104. [+230 / -5]
>>18
Amuro-san should have been played by a younger voice actor with an attractive voice.
The character is cool but his voice is disappointing. I still haven't gotten used to it.

19. [+554 / -15]
Detective Conan's Amuro-san

He has an old man voice (or rather a grandpa voice)
The fact that the voice actor acts like the character is himself makes it even worse!!

20. [+9 / -29]
Jigen

22. [+291 / -3]
All of the characters played celebrities who aren't used to voice acting (excluding episodes where celebrities collaborate with the anime and play themselves)
I gave up on Nana Maru San Batsu because Kawashima Umika's voice acting was so bad that it broke the flow of the story.

24. [+3 / -48]
I think Kanna-chan's voice would really suit Doraemon.
Everyone's Doraemon Kanna-chan.

26. [+255 / -23]
Jodie-sensei in Detective Conan.
She's supposed to be American but her English pronunciation is crap. I'm not expecting her to have native level English but her pronunciation is absolutely terrible.
*Voiced by Ichijo Miyuki (70)

27. [+56 / -50]
Think I'll get a lot of downvotes but Luffy.
I started reading One Piece when the anime had already started and knew what his voice sounded like but his voice still doesn't match the one inside my head.
*Voiced by Tanaka Mayumi (64)

42. [+143 / -7]
>>27
The One Piece seiyū have all aged. It can't be helped.
It's especially obvious with Luffy, Nami and Sanji's voices.
*Nami is voiced by Okamura Akemi (50), Sanji is voiced by Hirata Hiroaki (56)

29. [+71 / -8]
Fune-san
*Sazae-san's mother, Seiyū changed in 2015

36. [+199 / -2]
>>29
Fune-san's voice is too young. She sounds like a young wife.

30. [+326 / -10]
Detective Conan's Amuro Toru

The author requested him but cosplaying as the character without considering his own age is extremely cringy.

31. [+18 / -14]
Chibi Maruko-chan is going to be replaced soon.

32. [+86 / -36]
Tangled
*Rapunzel - Nakagawa Shoko
Flynn Rider - Hatanaka Hiroshi
Mother Gothel - Tsurugi Miyuki

33. [+5 / -29]
Anpanman

34. [+56 / -6]
Hunter x Hunter
I want to say all of them but

Youpi's voice is hilarious
His 'What is it damn it!' 'I'm irritated' is too funny w

His voice when he was escaping in the Monster Strike collaboration was awesome w
*Tachiki Fumihiko (known for Ikari Gendo in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Zaraki Kenpachi in Bleach, and Madao in Gintama)

35. [+192 / -13]
New Buriburizaemon
It can't be helped because his voice actor passed away but I really miss his voice.

37. [+270 / -11]
Was going to write Amuro-san but his name is already everywhere w
If possible, I want Akai-san's voice changed too.
*Akai Shuichi - voiced by Ikeda Shuichi (70)

43. [+133 / -5]
>>37
Yeah, Akai-san also has an old man voice.

38. [+537 / -1]
Howl's Moving Castle

Wish she had tried to do more with her voice after Sophie became young again (lol)

75. [+244 / -7]
>>38
Sophie's voice is really disappointing.
Kimutaku's voice was perfect as Howl, Kamiki-kun was cute and a good choice for his character, while only Sophie sounded like an old granny.

85. [+189 / -6]
>>38
I want to watch a version with professional voice actors.
Kimutaku was a bit mumbly. Sophie was completely a grandma.

140. [+99 / -1]
>>38
It turned out that way because they chose the voice actress based on the grandma version of Sophie and got the same person to voice the young version.
I watched the English dub of Howl as well. They used different people to play the old and young versions so the voices fit very well.

147. [+100 / -0]
>>38
I thought she would mainly be in her grandma form but she was in her young form most of the time so her voice felt very out of place.

39. [+255 / -12]
I can't get used to Shin-chan's voice. Shin-chan just sounds like a annoying brat now. Made me realise how amazing the original was.

40. [+255 / -5]
The new voice actress of Shin-chan in Crayon Shin-chan is probably doing her best but you can tell that she's really forcing her voice.

46. [+28 / -0]
>>40
I hope she doesn't injure her throat and have to take a break to recover...

52. [+21 / -3]
>>40
She sounds like an adult trying to sound like a kid.

44. [+20 / -8]
One Piece's Akainu
Whenever I hear his voice I think Gintama's Madao or narrator of Itte Q!
*Sekai no Hate Made Itte Q!

45. [+67 / -0]
Mai in Dragonball
Her voice after she's turned into little girl and when she's an adult is the same. Do something about it! is what I thought.

She sounds like a granny who has turned back into toddler due to dementia.

47. [+125 / -6]
Masuo-san

Something sounds off.

48. [+80 / -41]
Luffy and Goku. They should change them already.

49. [+151 / -3]
As expected, new voice actors can't beat the original voice actors of long-running anime like Doraemon, Crayon Shin-chan, Chibi Maruko-chan and Sazae-san.

The original voice actors left a very strong impression so it feels really weird when the voice suddenly changes.

50. [+102 / -62]
I don't think Erwin's voice in Attack on Titan fits either.
Using Ono and Kamiya as a set is sucking up to seiyū fans too much.
*Ono Daisuke, Kamiya Hiroshi

53. [+148 / -0]
Mirai no Mirai's Kun-chan!

57. [+9 / -13]
Tieria in Gundam 00. I wish they had used a voice actress.
His voice makes him sound like a cross-dressing guy.
To be honest, when Regene appeared*, sorry but I thought, "Yes! This is what I wanted!"
I like Kamiya-san though. He fits characters like Zetsubou-sensei.
*Regene Regetta (voiced by Romi Park) is Tieria's twin (voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi)

62. [+177 / -5]
Occhan

70. [+52 / -2]
Rooster in Secret Life of Pets 2
I don't know if it's because Naito Takashi is bad at dubbing, but he sounded weird. I couldn't concentrate on the movie.
The character is cool so I wish they had used a professional voice actor instead.

72. [+83 / -6]
Detective Conan's Akai and Amuro were named after their seiyū so it can't be changed.

Are there any other manga that have characters named after seiyū? I only know Akai and Amuro.
*Aoyama Gosho is a big Gundam fan. Amuro Toru/Furuya Rei is named after his voice actor Furuya Toru and the Gundam character Amuro Ray, who was also voiced by Furuya Toru.
Akai Shuichi is named after his voice actor Ikeda Shuichi, who played the Gundam character Char Aznable aka "The Red Comet (Akai Suisei)".

102. [+77 / -0]
>>72
Not quite the same but Detective Takagi was originally an anime-only character and was later introduced into the manga.
*Voiced by Takagi Wataru

86. [+115 / -3]
I hate Doraemon's Chiaki's voice. She sucks
*Dorami's voice actress

87. [+82 / -5]
San in Princess Mononoke
Only she was monotone...

Post a Comment

0 Comments